Free Tarot Readings

60 Million Free Online Readings Served .... And Counting

The Ace of Cups

By Safina :: :: 12 comments

Source: Copyright-U.S. Games Systems, Inc.

The Ace of Cups is connected to the element of water and the zodiac signs of Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Water signs lead with their heart and they are emotional, secretive, intuitive, and healers.

The Story Of The Ace Of Cups Tarot Card And Symbol Interpretations

The “Ace of Cups” is numerated one, which places it at the beginning of the “Suit of Cups.” The Ace represents the seed of emotions that are growing in your heart concerning looming choices connected to love and romance.

You are strongly encouraged to be clear about your intentions before starting any new romances.

The gray sky represents uncertainty and something unclear about a new beginning.

A white dove is flying downwards to deliver a holy wafer decorated with a black cross. The wafer represents purity, spirituality, and a powerful spiritual message of love entering your life.

The wafer represents the Christian symbol of the body of Christ, and the black cross represents the balance of positive and negative energies.

© Davidebner | Dreamstime.com

Moon Phases—The Waning Phase—On The Right After The Full Moon

The timing is the Waning Moon Phase, which is connected to the “Ace of Cups” and represents a time to let go of the past and further heralds the moment to release the ties that bind us to the past, advancing into a time of healing and revitalization to plan your next move wisely.

There are five blue streams of water flowing over the edge of the gold cup. The number five is symbolic of the Hierophant which represents harmony and unity in all elements of spiritual knowledge and wisdom.

The color blue represents thoughts and the water represents our emotions, which are ruled by the always-changing Moon phases. The blue water also represents the subconscious mind seeking a new direction to realize a dream.

There are large white and gray clouds on the right; the right side represents the conscious (the now) and the gray clouds are full of moisture and a possible storm, which represents a mystery; white clouds represent purity and the angels, and there is a radiant white hand coming out of the white and gray clouds with glowing rays, representing a surprise.

The white radiant hand is holding the golden cup, which represents love and emotions overflowing like raindrops; the color gold represents the connection with the divine and symbolizes wealth, success, the sun, and spiritual enlightenment.

There are three silver bells hanging from the base of the cup that represent new beginnings and endings. The color silver represents intuition and the energy of the Moon. The Moon represents mystery and femininity. Bells traditionally ring at weddings and make announcements.

© Binkski | Dreamstime.com

The Moon—Mystery

The number three represents the Empress, which connects to love, motherhood, stability, security and growth. She is the mother of the earth and goddess of fertility. The Empress symbolizes a woman and her fruitful, child-producing union with a man.

There is one silver, diamond-shaped raindrop located under the white radiating hand. It represents the number one and the self; the color silver represents a mystery and is connected to the Moon.

The raindrop also represents an opportunity connected to love, and the diamond shape represents a treasure. The diamond itself signifies a woman’s lover entering into an engagement of marriage.

The diamond in this card looks like it is falling, but I feel it is hidden! A hidden diamond represents a surprise waiting to happen.

© Shirley Hu | Dreamstime.com

The Hidden Diamond

There are twenty-six blue raindrops spilling from the golden cup, shaped like 26 Yod’s. The number twenty-six is the numerical value of the name of the Lord in Hebrew. YHWH = 10+5+6+5=26.

The Yod’s are suspended in air and represent the smallest of the Hebrew letters and the way in which letters begin and end. This connects them to the “Ace of Cups,” which also represents new beginnings and sometimes endings.

The letter “W” looks like an inverted “M” on the front of the golden cup. The letter “W” stands for “Water,” which is the element for the “Suit of Cups.” The inverted “M” stands for the Hebrew word “Mem,” meaning “Water.”

Many cards have some form of water in them, and this is one important clue to the cards’ meanings because the deep blue color represents the subconscious mind.

The water looks turbulent and has ripples, which represent deep emotions, insight, and transformation, as well as new information that changes one’s life.

There is a green mountain in the distance. Mountains represent a goal, and the color green represents growth on the horizon.

Lastly, there are green lotuses growing in the shallow lake with pink blooming flowers. Lotuses are inspiring because they grow in murky shallow ponds or lakes, and when the lotus blooms, the flowers are amazing.

© Juliengrondin | Dreamstime.com

The Pink Lotus Represents Love

This reminds us to continue striving through difficulties, no matter how bad they may be, in order to bloom like the lotus flower in the end. The lotus flower is pink, which represents compassion and unconditional love.

The Ace of Cups represents a message that will be revealed to you, a spiritual awakening about a change that will happen in your life! This awakening is connected to love, and reflects the time when you are giving and receiving unconditional love!

My Experience With The Ace Of Cups Tarot Card

My experience with the Ace of Cups happened during the Waning Phase of the Moon. Here is my short story: In January 1983, I met my future husband, whom I knew I was going to marry after just three dates.

Looking back at that time in my life, I was experiencing a spiritual awakening with a message from above that I would marry soon.

© Starblue | Dreamstime.com

The Timing Was The Waning Phase Of The Moon

Blessings, Safina

© Safina 2011

1. Richard says:

Wow I read the whole article on the Ace of Cups. Thank you Safina for explaining the Ace of Cups Tarot Card in great detail. I learned something from your blog post. I have book marked your site so I can read more. :grin:

• Safina says:

Thank you for your comment! Glad that you enjoyed the post! Love the Ace of Cups!

With Love,

Psychic Safina

2. James Bryan Poss says:

Im currently single and have been for a 5-6months now. Im a scorpio born 11-19-91. Im highly into my sign. I take so much pride in it. ALL scorpios should know who they are and why. Its all magical. Ive exspreinced alot just by reflecting from my past till now. I barely just got into my horoscopes and they are amazing so on point! I always learning new things about my sign.! Its intense. Intense should say it all.

Anyways.. Here i am and there is this girl name hannah and shes a scorpio. I have an ex love that i have feelings for. Its hard to let go of hannah at this point. Is she my message?? I asked her. She soon replied “i cant tell you If im a message or not” see that gets me! Lol. Ive been struggling a bit with some basic needs and shes always there to take care of offer to help. I cant txt this anymore its taking to long. Please god show me a way to love her and accept this message

• Safina says:

Hello Babe,

When we hold on the past, we cannot live in the future. Someimes we meet people that come in our life for a short time, and they leave, and after they leave, we cannot forget them, our thoughts are contolled by this person, this is a wake up call to you telling you that you have some work to do and that you have to over come this and be in control of your environment and the people that you associate with. Right now you are letting the past control your future, this is not good. This is a major life lesson that you are learning and need to overcome. This is my spin on your situation.

Come see me live chat and I will help you resolve this.

love Safina

• hannah says:

I found out...your the biggest snake to walk this earth. i can’t say that i wish you luck but being my soulmate has saved you, so well played.

• Safina says:

Hello,

Not understanding your message babe.

love safina

• hannah says:

its been a year, defiantly enough time for you to think about what you need to say to me and defiantly enough time for you to save.

• Safina says:

Hello Babe,

Sorry that you are going through a rough time.

Love Safina

3. Hannah says:

ok so i need some woman to woman advice please and i know your a deep thinker as well so maybe you can understand me. So theres this guy ^ that i fell for this summer and was willing to do anything for him (gave him a big loan) which i thought would prove my loyalty because he said he was going through hard times. A few days after that i visited, he wasn’t home so i waited 10 minutes then left. He was furious at me and from then on everything changed. We stopped talking for 8 weeks and have had very little conversations since (mostly me texting). See i don’t know what to do with him, a year before this i met him at senior prom and we just linked eyes so i new he was the ONE and later he agreed that moment was special too. With hi mothers just this mysterious connection, like looking in his eyes is so strong and he gives me chills when he talks to me. I feel so strongly that i need to be there for him its hard to explain. He taught me all about being a scorpio and now I’m addicted to it as well. Im a fighter and have shown him perseverance through the 2 months that we were talking but now I’m in a pickle and can’t seem to fall for anyone else. He wasn’t that great i just imagined all the great things he could be (fantasizing for a year) and concluded he was my prince when the hard times would end. Now he’s with this crazy possessive girl so its impossible to even text him as a friend. I need closure and eventually my money since its impacted my life dramatically but i don’t know if i just need to disappear and wait it out and have hope or just give up completely?

• Safina says:

safina-I hope he is paying you back, but feeling that you are going to have to get on him about the loan.

Safina-Well thats crazy that he would me mad about that.

Safina-Well looks like things have changed since the first day that you met.

Safina-Is he a scorpio?

Safina-Contact him and tell him that you need the money back now, and that its been to long.

Safina-I never wait for anyone, waiting puts your life on hold. Cut the cords with this guy, and realize that you had a moment with him but that has changed. He has shown you his true colors. Please move on.

Love Safina

4. Karunaagaran says:

Dear Safina,

Would love to read an article from you on the timings of various cards and how the tarot can be used in divination of the timing of events.

Warm Regards
    Karunaagaran

• Safina says:

Hello Babe,

Well I can help, Just come live chat and I will teach you.

Love Safina